Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Modes des hommes_ printemps 2012



ACNE
Highwaters mean that this man's down to dance, and I love that in a man.


ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
Not going to lie, the composition of patterns and textures reminds me of the outfits you can pick and choose for your Sims character. Most of the individual pieces in this collection are great, though I think only someone like Matthew hitt could flaunt a plunging neckline like fresh money.


ANNE DEMEULEMEESTER
Someone took my goth love to the countryside and he got all romantic on me.


BALENCIAGA
Balenciaga's inimitable streamlined cuts = guaranteed sartorial orgasms.


BAND OF OUTSIDERS
The blue steel on this runway was so bright that shades were obligatory.


COSTUME NATIONAL
Before the boys become men. A playful take on menswear staples showing that you can't take the punk out of the boy.


DIOR HOMME
A few words: thank God for Kris Van Assche.


JIL SANDER
Not too sure how user-friendly the body bag would be in frantic times, but from the front slicked hair to the patent leather oxfords?! Sehr wunderbar.


LANVIN


MOSCHINO
CC'ing the Trouble and Bass DJ crew.


RAG AND BONE


RAF SIMONS

You think Simons was looking at Crispin Glover's "Clowny Clown Clown" video on mute and blasted Daft Punk's "Brainwasher" while making this collection? That aside, let's direct our attention to the PRETTY FUCKING AMAZING finale.



Mind-sweeping.(GQ's Tumblr has a better video.)


YOHJI YAMAMOTO
For editorial purposes, this is a pretty cool collection. Let's just say Yamamoto did an immaculate job with casting on this one.


YVES SAINT-LAURENT


My overwhelming affinity for menswear and beautiful men has made wonder why I am not a gay man. This visual recap of what struck my fancy is weeks old, I know. Couture week has passed and now we're sitting pretty at Berlin's week of mode, so I'm going to attempt to catch up then later flair my hands in the air, grab some coffee, and take a long drag of some of that adult candy.


All runway images from GQ style.

No comments:

Post a Comment